• CLIMATE CHANGE AND GOP STUPIDITY

    Jon Stewart Rips Right-Wingers A New One
  • RIGHT-WINGERS BLAMING THE VICTIMS

    When Unarmed Blacks Are Killed By Cops
  • STILL NO SCANDAL

    No Wrongdoing With Benghazi
  • EBOLA AND ISIS

    Right-Wingers Fuel Racism And Paranoia

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Learn To Read First, Right-Wingers

Thomas Lindaman writes:

Dear Michael,

It's rare that I agree with you on anything you say. However, sometimes you do say something that makes me nod my head in agreement. During a recent interview, you said the following:

They're sitting on the money, they're using it for their own -- they're putting it someplace else with no interest in helping you with your life, with that money. We've allowed them to take that. That's not theirs, that's a national resource, that's ours. We all have this -- we all benefit from this or we all suffer as a result of not having it.

There was more to what Moore said:

"What’s happened is that we’ve allowed a vast majority of that cash to be concentrated in the hands of just a few people and their not circulating that cash. If you don’t believe that go try and get a loan right now."

"I think that we need to go back to taxing these people at the proper rates. We need to see these jobs as something that we own. That we collectively own as Americans. And you just can’t steal our jobs and take them someplace else."


At first, I scoffed at the notion. After all, as a conservative and a capitalist, why would I support the collective ownership of wealth? Then, I was enlightened. You're absolutely right, Michael. The rich should share their wealth with everyone.

And I can think of no better person to lead by example than, well, you.

According to CelebrityWealth.com, your net worth is estimated to be $50 million. Granted, that's not Bill Gates money, but it's not too shabby a nest egg. As one of the "common people" you so love to claim to represent, I believe I'm entitled to at least some of that nest egg.

For example, I have accumulated medical bills over the past few months. As the champion of the "little guy" in your film "Sicko" as you took on the health care system in America, I would think you'd whip out your checkbook and pay them all.

Also, I have credit card debt. As the champion of the "little guy" in your film "Capitalism: A Love Story" as you took on big banks, I think you'd be more than willing to hand over your Visa and pay off my debt.

More importantly, though, think of the example you'd be setting for wealthy people of your political persuasion. Why, I'm sure Barbra Streisand would be more than willing to hand over her...I mean our money to people like me. She's only going to keep it for herself, right? Ditto with Oprah, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and other celebrities who swing to the left. All they need is someone to lead them.

I believe that someone is you, Michael.

I propose we meet and hammer out the specifics of this arrangement. Let's say, a nice steakhouse in New York City. You'll pay for me to fly out there, put me up in a really nice hotel, take me shopping for some fine clothes to wear to the meeting, and be kind enough to pick up the entire tab without so much as a second thought.

After all, it's our money, right?

Sincerely,

Thomas Lindaman


I love it when Lindaman makes posts like these, because it shows how truly clueless he is.

Lindaman, you delightful dumbass: Is Moore exempting himself from the tax? No? Then shut up. All other concerns are irrelevant.  Even if his net worth comes in below the proposed tax, he's not a hypocrite for proposing it.

Moore is advocating for fair taxation and that would affect him. He would be paying more taxes. Show us where in your tired cliched argument that Moore is saying "Everyone should pay higher taxes, except me."  If the rich are the only ones allowed a say in how much the rich are taxed, how much do you think they'll end up paying? If your answer isn't a negative number, you're either stupid or lying.

Really, do you think that letter was particularly smart, oh-so-original, or clever? Moore is clearly stating that wealthy people should pay a higher percentage. He is wealthy. Therefore, he is saying that he should also pay a higher percentage.  Which is why anyone calling him a hypocrite, like you, is a literal retard. 

So, your attempt at making fun of him falls on its face extremely  hard.

Good god, Teatards are dumb.