Thomas Lindaman wrote the following (on a FRIDAY NIGHT since he has nothing better to do):
-President Barack Obama promised that he would enact a spending freeze effective with the 2011 budget that would keep spending at the 2010 budget levels for 3 years. Maybe he slept in when this was covered at Harvard Law, but there's this thing called the separation of powers that prevents one branch of the government from intruding too much on another. And according to Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution, federal spending falls under the duties of…the Legislative Branch. Funny that a Constitutional law professor missed that part of the Constitution, huh?
Know what a proposal is?
Regardless, Republicans should oppose it. Fiscal responsibility goes against everything Conservatives/Republicans/Libertarians/Independentstm stand for. Republicans talk about fiscal responsibility. Democrats do it.
- Nancy Pelosi stated that she would do everything in her power to get the health care reform bill passed. Considering she essentially passed the House version of this bill by 3 votes the first time around, and there's still a matter of reconciliation to address, I'm not sure she should be so confident of the outcome because conditions have changed since December. Failure by the Congressional Democrats to see this will result in the health care reform bill being watered down or defeated outright.
Again, she stated she'd do everything IN HER POWER. What's that got to do with "confidence of the outcome"? It seems you right-wingers hate it when people even TRY to do ANYTHING. So much for bootstrapping.
- Newly elected Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown was sworn in yesterday after a longer-than-necessary delay. When similar situation occurred in NY-23, the Democrat was sworn in immediately to vote for the health care reform bill in the House. Wouldn't have anything to do with Brown being a Republican, would it?
Welcome again to Bizarro World, where up is down and black is white.
Scott Brown didn't want to be sworn in until February 11th. When he changed his mind, he got exactly what he wanted:
Christ, you people even lie when Democrats do things to HELP you. Just like right here:
- Senator Al Franken lambasted the Obama Administration for a lack of leadership on the health care reform bill. He cited how they failed to give Senate Democrats direction on how to proceed. Although I agree with Franken, I have to question the reason for his objection. After all, doesn't he work for the people, not the White House?
How is an elected Democrat, advising other elected Democrats, on Democratic issues that they were voted in for, not "working for the people"?
- A recent report regarding the whereabouts of the funds from the Pork-A-Palooza bill shows that money was sent to Congressional districts…that don't exist. Maybe that's why the Obama Administration has taken the position that only some of the money is being misspent: because compared to the funds going to districts that don't exist, the money being misspent is a drop in the bucket.
"Teh stimulus created jobs but some idiot listed them as being in the wrong district!!11!! OBAMA FAILS!!"
So some local-yokel clerks entered the wrong district number into their reporting pages. Whoopty doo.
Too bad the Republicans that are against the Stimulus (I mean "Pork-A-Palooza Bill derp derp") keep asking for money: http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/09/stimulus-foes-see-value-in-seeking-cash//print/
Republicans brag that they oppose the stimulus, then take credit for stimulus money sent to their districts.
Call me when the ACTUAL MONEY is missing, not a district that was entered improperly.
Or will they just stack the money on some pallets and make it disappear?
- In response to the recent controversy surrounding a pro-life television ad airing during the Super Bowl, "The View" co-host Joy Behar said that it was just as likely that Florida quarterback Tim Teboe could have been born a "pedophile rapist." Yeah, it's possible that Teboe could have wound up as someone far less savory than what he has become. You know, like an unfunny talk show hack stinking up the airwaves on two different TV shows?
Or even worse, a Republican Independenttm?
"Don't have abortions cuz the zygote could become a football star" is retarded logic. Right-wingers shouldn't pee their pants just because they are called out on their retardation.